Water Tank Mixing
Potable Water Storage Tank Mixer
Potable water storage tanks must be actively mixed to avoid thermal stratification, reduce the formation of nitrates and lower disinfection by-products (DBP) production. Pulsair Systems offers the most effective and low energy cost solution for actively mixing large potable water storage tanks. Our proven sanitary mixing process is up to 80-90% more energy and efficient than traditional mixing methods and addresses all the major challenges of potable water storage tanks.
Our tank mixing equipment can be fitted into any underground or above ground water storage tank including standpipe water towers, ground storage tanks and elevated storage tanks.
- The Pulsair mixing process is an 'Active' mixing proces and ensures that all the water is mixed whereas 'Passive' mixers only work when the tank is being filled which can result in higher costs.
- Water can be 100% mixed at ANY liquid level and in any tank geometry. Other systems require their mixers taken offline when the water falls below a certain level.
- Unform temperature can be achieved in a matter of minutes. Outdated mechanical technologies can sometimes takes hours or days to achieve thermal uniformity.
- No maintenance needed inside the tank after installations. Other suppliers guarantee their product for up to two-years - whereas Pulsair mixing systems have a history of over 25 years without any maintenance issues inside the tank.
- Efficiently mixing large multi-million gallon tanks is done easily and quickly with the Pulsair mixing process. It is more efficiently than any other type of water tank mixing system.
Benefits of the Pulsair water storage tank mixing system:
- 25-years of proven mixing technology
- Efficiently mixes entire contents of the tank
- No moving parts installed inside tanks
- Promotes aggressive bottom up vertical fluid mixing
- Installed in any size or style of tank
- Solves temperature inversion issues
- Improves water quality
- Quickly mixes in any added disinfectants to achieve equal distribution
Challenges in water tank storage that the Pulsair mixing system solves:
- Prevents thermocline that can lead to thermal stratification
- Reduces accumulation of sediment build up that can lead to microbial growth and contamination
- Helps reduce amount of chlorination and disinfectants needed thus reducing overall disinfection by-products (DBP) production
- Reduces the formation of nitrates and nitrites (nitrification)
- Prevents freezing and ice formation inside tanks that can lead to costly replacements
Types of installations:
- Ground water tanks
- Elevated water tanks
- Standpipe water tanks
Contact us today and learn how our water storage tank mixers can benefit your operation.