Clear Well Contact Chamber Mixing
Clearwell Water Tank Mixer
Pulsair presents the fastest and most efficient clearwell water tank mixer.
Our tank mixing equipment can be fitted into any underground or above ground water storage tank including standpipe water towers, ground storage tanks and elevated storage tanks. Pulsair mixing systems are NSF/ANSI 61 certified
How Clearwell water tank mixer works
The Pulsair mixing process works by producing sequentially timed pulses of compressed air to generate large bubbles at the tank bottom. The rising bubbles create an immediate vertical circulation pattern that stirs and blends 100% of the water in the tank. The Pulsair water tank mixing process is the fastest and most energy efficient because it uses gravity to do the work of mixing. The only energy consumed is during the process of compressing the air. Once the bubbles are released at the tank bottom, no more energy is consumed. The water in the tank continues to move long after the bubbles reach the water surface.
Faster tank mixing at injection location
The Pulsair system uses large compressed air bubbles to quickly mix new water and chemical disinfectants at the injection location. This fast mixing results in increased contact time (CT) between the water and disinfectants to provide clean, safe water for the public.
NSF/ANSI 61 Certified Materials
Pulsair uses high quality materials to guarantee long-term system performance. These proven materials are sanitary and used to protect public health. Our potable water equipment is NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Certified for use in public drinking water supply systems.
- Custom built for your clearwell water tank
Every Pulsair clearwell mixing system is custom designed and built to fit specific tank profiles. We have nearly 30 years of experience designing high quality pneumatic mixing systems that require very little maintenance and are extremely energy efficient. The Pulsair Systems will meet your project requirements to help ensure the treated water complies with the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).
- Programmable touchscreen controller
Mixing parameters can be changed with simple touchscreen controls allowing the operator to adjust and adapt to changing conditions and flow rates in the clearwell and water treatment process.
- Reduce equipment maintenance and energy costs
The Pulsair mixing process has no moving parts in the tank. Once the equipment is installed in the clearwell, any required maintenance is minimal and done outside the tank. This significantly reduces maintenance cost and eliminates costly downtime. The Pulsair mixing process cycles intermittently, which conserves energy and reduces total operating costs.
- Reduce short-circuiting and dead zones
The combination of thermal stratification and the location of water inlet and outlets can potentially cause short-circuiting in clearwells. Pulsair’s mixing process ensures 100% of the water in the tank is thoroughly mixed, which maintains longer disinfectant contact time (CT), uniform temperature distribution and consistent water quality without any deadzones.
Why use the Pulsair Clearwell Water Tank Mixer?
- Immediate blending at injection location
- Fastest clearwell water mixing system in the world
- Increase contact time (CT) and compliance
- Mixes 100% of the water without deadzones
- Helps comply to Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
- Fits any size or shaped contact tank clearwell
- High energy savings with efficient intermittent mixing
- Thoroughly mixes water with high flow rates
- Reduces short-circuiting in clearwell tank
- Zero in-tank maintenance
- Reduces chlorine boosting
- NSF/ANSI 61 Certified for use in public drinking water supply systems
Challenges in clearwell contact tanks the Pulsair tank mixing system solves:
- Short contact time for new water and disinfectants
- Consistently delivering safe drinking water to public
- Flow rates are too fast for proper contact of water and disinfectants
- Unmixed water in dead zones