Slurry Mixing Tank
Pulsair’s non-shear, efficient vertical slurry mixing tank, is the best mixing system for keeping powder activated carbon slurries suspended and uniformly blending in the tank. The Pulsair mixing process is fast and more efficient than mechanical mixers. The mixing process works by sequentially releasing timed burst of compressed air on the tank bottom underneath flat round open disks called accumulator plates. A pressure zone is created around the plate to stir up and agitate settled powder activated carbon particles. These particle are lifted and pushed to the surface above and below the large bubbles. This non-shear mixing process is energy efficient and requires zero in-tank maintenance.
Powder Activated Carbon (PAC) Slurry Mixing Tank
Benefits of Pulsair's Slurry Mixing Tank
- Keep powder active carbon slurries homogenous & uniformly mixed
- Mixes liquids faster than conventional mixers
- More energy efficient than air spargers and mechanical mixers
- ZERO in-tank maintenance
- Mix 100% of the tank with no baffles or dead zones
- Mix at any liquid level for better tank utilization
- Adjustable speed and power for maximum efficiency
- Proven mixing technology with 30+ years of experience & thousands of installations
- Custom engineered to fit any tank size, configuration or any number of tanks
- Example of efficient ‘bottom-up’ mixing process in test tank.